Items in your cart will be held for 

Welcome to Saskatchewan's Online Hunting, Angling & Trapping Licence Sales!

This site allows you to quickly and easily purchase hunting, angling and trapping licences, review your previous licence purchases, apply for the big game draw, review your big game draw applications and pool status, and to view or update your account information.

Dry Conditions Can Increase Fire Risk

While some areas of the province have received rainfall, many areas throughout Saskatchewan remain dry. These conditions can increase the potential risk of fires.

With hunting season underway, hunters are reminded to take extra precautions.

  • Carry a fire extinguisher, shovel or other tools in your vehicle.
  • Walk whenever possible.
  • Avoid unnecessary vehicle idling.
  • Mufflers and other parts can get hot enough to start a fire.
  • Keep your vehicle out of tall grass – stick to roads and trails.
  • When setting up your camp, pick an area free of tall grass.
Always be aware of current conditions in advance of any hunting trips, as conditions may continue to get drier in the province. Hunters are reminded to get landowner permission to access private land.

Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Surveillance in Saskatchewan

Any cervid (i.e. deer, elk or moose) harvested in Saskatchewan can be tested free of charge for Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD). CWD is a fatal disease that affects the central nervous system of deer, elk and moose. Priority surveillance zones include; WMZ 12, 13, 14E and 14W in the south-west, WMZ 16, 31 and 33 in the south-east and WMZ 50, 63 and 64 in the north-central. Please visit here for drop off locations.

All hunters that harvest cervids in these zones are asked to submit samples for testing. A new sample tracking system has been implemented which eliminates the need to fill out paperwork at ministry offices. Please visit to access the tracking system and review correct procedures for submitting samples.

Please visit the CWD webpage on the Government of Saskatchewan website for more information.

If you have questions, please call the Ministry of Environment general inquiry line at 1-800-567-4224.

Important Information

  • The 2017 licence year begins Saturday, April 1st 2017. Angling, fur and spring bear licences for the 2017 season will be available for purchase as of this date.
  • The Lac la Ronge Endorsement Licence and Angling Harvest Ledger is no longer required to fish on Lac la Ronge or Hunter Bay. Catch-and-release (CR) CR1 limits for Lac la Ronge and Hunter Bay remain in effect.
  • In order to purchase a licence through your web account, you will need to have access to a printer.
  • Hunters are encouraged to obtain a convenience pack of seals or ledgers prior to purchasing a big game hunting licence, Canadian or non-resident game bird licence.
  • If ordering a licence that requires seals or harvest ledger, be aware that you cannot hunt until you have received the licence in the mail. If you cannot wait for your licence to arrive (10 days), please purchase your licence from a ministry office or private licence issuer.
  • Saskatchewan residents can use the 'Saskatchewan Residency Verification' feature available at the top of the page to confirm that they can be successfully verified as a Saskatchewan resident. This will ensure that you will not have any issues when purchasing licences or applying for the big game draw.
  • Click here for more information.
  • Sign in or create my web account
  • Download Current Guides and Hunting Supplements